How to put parental controls on iPad
When children discover the world of technology, it can be very easy for them to venture into the wrong territory. To combat this, enabling iPad parental controls may be the way forward as they can manage what features, apps and content your child has access to.
How to set parental controls on ipad
Gaining access to these settings is very simple but for those wanting to be 100% sure we have a step by step guide below:
- First and foremost, you must set a restriction code so that only you can access and make these changes.
- Open the “Settings” app that you can find on your home screen
- Click the “General” tab
- Click “Restrictions”
- Click “Enable Restrictions”
- Type in the passcode
- Enable and disable the apps that you want your children to access by simply sliding from left to right
What do parental controls block?
You are probably wondering what the parental controls actually block; this completely depends on the specific app.
See the list below for the apps that are included in the restrictions:
- Safari - Limit the sites your children can access.
- Camera - Inhibits your child from taking pictures.
- Siri & Dictation - Your child will not be able to interact with Siri and find ways around restrictions.
- FaceTime - Handy for preventing your children from communicating with iCloud addresses you are unfamiliar with.
- AirDrop - Your child will not be able to send or receive content via Bluetooth services.
- CarPlay - Prevents your child from having the ability to connect to the car.
- iTunes Store - Restricts content that your child can purchase/download.
- Apple Music Connect - Restricts inappropriate songs and connecting to devices.
- iBooks Store - Restricts purchases of books.
- Podcasts - Disabled, children cannot listen to certain podcasts.
After you have set up the parental controls, ensure that the device is protected from wear and tear with one of our iPad stands. It has a bean bag design so it can be used on any surface at any angle. There are child friendly designs available.
Read our blog on the top tips to monitor your child’s online activity.